By Admin on Jul 8, 2019
In recent years, the use of computers and the internet has risen. Now computers are an integral & indispensable part of any professional, commercial and industrial activity. The development of information technology continues to give rise to novel and complex legal problems related to the use of the internet and computers.
To ensure the appropriate and lawful use of technology, it is necessary to have specific rules and regulations. Rules and regulations that govern the transactions carried out with the use of computers and the internet comprise Cyber Laws.
The Post Graduate Certificate in Cyber Law seeks to address the changing needs in the era of Information Communication Technologies and virtual cyberspace, where one can reach the masses much quickly as opposed to earlier technologies thereby breaking the jurisdictional boundaries and creating a series of challenges for the legal system.
Objectives of the Cyber Law program
The objectives of this programme are to:
- Develop competencies for dealing with frauds and deceptions (confidence tricks, scams) and other cyber crimes, for example, child pornography etc. that are taking place via the internet.
- Make learners conversant with the cultural and intellectual property issues emerging from ‘Cyberspace’.
- Explore the legal and policy-related developments in various countries to regulate cyberspace.
- Develop a deep understanding of the relationship between commerce and cyberspace; and give learners in-depth knowledge of the Information Technology Act and legal framework of Right to Privacy, Data Security and Data Protection.
Cyber Law course curriculum
Semester - I
Introduction to Legal System
Introduction to Information Technology
IT Act (Cyber Context)
Semester - II
Credit Points: 29
E-Commerce Related Laws
Information Security Management
Note: The curriculum of the program is based on the Indian Legal System and Indian Laws.
Cyber Law course eligibility
- Bachelor’s degree holder / Graduate in any discipline from a recognised university.
- International / SAARC Graduate from a recognised / accredited university / institution.
- Students who have appeared for the final year of examination of their bachelor’s degree program and are awaiting results can also apply.
Related Post - Post Graduate Certificate in Cyber Laws (PGCCL)
- The program will help lawyers and those working in I.T. companies to update their knowledge of cyber laws in India.
- PG Certificate in Cyber Law can be considered as an added advantage and has enormous scope for the learners in the corporate field, law and information technology.
- Cyber Law experts are in huge demand in public, and private organisation, law and IT firms, police department, corporate world, universities and this will continue to grow further in this era of digitisation.
Duration of Cyber Law courses
Minimum duration: 6 Months || Maximum duration: 2 Years
(Duration depends on institutes and their curriculum)
To complete a certificate in cyber law through distance learning, the following evaluation methodology has to be followed:
- The course will comprise an assignment and a computer-based examination.
- Students are requested to appear for the assessments on a timely basis and complete the program in the validity period.
- Assignments are of objective type (in most cases).
- Examinations include a subjective element in addition to the objective part.
- Tests are conducted at designated exam centres across the country.
- In the final semester, students are required to submit a mandatory project report.
The admission process of Symbiosis distance learning Cyber Law
STEP 1: Purchase the application form
The fee to purchase the application form for applicants of General/Defence category is Rs 1000/- and for International/SAARC category is USD 100 or Rs 7,100/-.
You can purchase the application form from SCDL Campus or online via our website www.scdl.net.
STEP 2: Complete the application process
Submit the duly filled application form along with copies of academic documents duly attested by class one gazetted officer or notarised from the notary, work experience documents (if any), name change document (if any), two passport size photographs and photo identity proof.
STEP 3: Pay the course fees
Submit your complete program fee as per timelines specified online through payment gateway or by demand draft for the enrolled program.